Last week we booked everything that we wanted to do for our 2 days vacation time in Corregidor, it took a while, but we got a really good price on everything that we booked. So, we are all set for conquering Corregidor!
Feb 22: My sister and i woke up early that day and already went out with our backpacks and of course our cameras. Still sleepy, but we manage to go early to meet up our friends in CCP, where the sun cruises are located. Sun Cruises provide ferrying services, tours and hotel accommodations to Corregidor. They actually had promos and package tours so it will not be a problem if you want to go too. =D
While waiting for our friends, my sister and i stroll a little bit along CCP complex and Harbour View. We are definitely excited and my fingers was itchy to take lots of amazing photos. =D
Getting historical, Corregidor is an island in the entrance of the Philippines' Manila Bay. It is the site of several battles and its fall to the Japanese forces was instrumental in the subsequent capture of the Philippines and the retreat of the United States in the early stages of the war. Currently, it is an important historic and tourist site and is managed under the jurisdiction of Cavite City. Whew!...all along, i thought its in Bataan but no hehehe, our tour guide, Mang Ruel told us that. =D
• Riding a tramvia
• Hike through rediscovered trails to forests and hillsides and discover landmarks of ruins.
• Catch the lovely sunset at Battery Grubb's
• Sunrise viewing at the tailside of the island
• Night Lateral visit
• Capturing the view of the neighboring isles, La Monja, Caballo (Fort Drum), and the
scenic coast of Mariveles.
• Eating cup noodles and toasted bread in dinnertime =D
• Looking for a food that are good and in reasonable prices...Thanks manang for the
tocino and halo-halo ...yum yum
• Middleside: 2-story officers' quarters, barracks for the enlisted men,BATTERY WAY and
BATTERY GEARY hospital, quarters for non-commissioned officers, a service club, PX,
and two schoolhouses
• Bottomside: Barrio San José, Navy Beach; Army Dock, with its three large piers, Pacific
War Memorial Malinta Tunnel.
Sounds good??? Yes!!! and here's some photos i took to prove it...and you will wish to come and visit it too =D Tara na Corregidor na ulit! hehehe
The historical island itself is quite beautiful. It occupies most of the historic site of Corregidor. There are many wonderful caves, old buildings, fortresses and tunnels. Also, there are many large ponds, trees, bushes and jaw-dropping scenic view of sunrise and sunset, creating a wonderful atmosphere.
You can also check my other photos here: